Manual Installation Instructions for BibleReader for Blackberry
BibleReader Installation Instructions
This method requires BlackBerry OS version 4.2.1.x or greater.
1. Download the appropriate zip file to your desktop computer from the links above
2. Unzip the file using WinZip.
3. Transfer the unzipped files to your storage card (1 *.jad file and many *.cod files, depending on the version).
4. On your BlackBerry, open Media and choose Explore from the menu.
5. Find the *.jad file on the storage card, and select it to install the BibleReader.
6. When the installation is complete, reboot the device.
7. You can then delete the *.jad and *.cod files from your storage card.
To transfer files manually to your media card:
1. First, run the BibleReader, then use the menu to exit. This will create the directory needed for Bibles.
2. Download the file directly to your desktop computer (no OTA install).
3. Connect your BlackBerry to your desktop computer using the USB cable.
4. Transfer the .pdb file as follows:Without using Desktop Manager:
5. Disconnect your BlackBerry from the USB cable.
Greek and Hebrew Font DownloadsPlace the font files in the /olivetree/ folder of your media card. This folder should be visible from the base directory if you are looking at your card in a file explorer. This is also the folder where your bibles (.pdb files) are.
Please download both files if you think you might use them because if you do not have all necessary font files, it is possible no text will display for the book that needs them.
BibleReader 4 Beta for Blackberry and Blackberry with Touchscreen
Beta includes support for the CWSB and includes several bug fixes.
For more information, or to leave feedback, visit the forums.