BibleReader 4.0 for Blackberry with media card
Detailed installation steps
- Direct your BlackBerry browser to http://www.olivetree.com/m.
- Click on "Install the free BlackBerry BibleReader".
- Click on "Install BibleReader 4.0 directly to your device".
- Click on "Download".
- The download will start.
- When the download completes, click "Run" to start the BibleReader.
To install purchased Bibles from within the new BibleReader:
- Click on the BibleReader application icon.
- If you have not loaded any Bibles, you will see a message.
- Click the menu button and select "Library".
- You will see an empty library.
- Click the menu button and select "My Account".
- Enter your Olive Tree username and password.
- You will see a list of books you have purchased.
- Click on a book to download it.
- The download will start.
- When the download completes, the text will display.
To download free products:
- From the BibleReader menu, select Library.
- From the Library screen, select Book Store from the menu.
- From the Book Store list, select Free Items.
- There will be a pause while information is retrieved from the server. Then you will see a list of available free books that will work with your device.
- Click on one of the free books to have it download directly to your device.
- BlackBerry OS 4.2 (or higher) and media card are required for BibleReader 4.0.
- In BibleReader 4.03.062 or above, if you get an error regarding the media card when starting, your media card may not be turned on. From the main BlackBerry screen, select Options -> Media Card. Make sure Media Card Support and Mass Storage Mode Support are both set to On.
- You can check that your media card is working correctly by going to the Media application. Click the menu button and select Explore. Make sure Media Card is listed there.
- When you go to Library -> My Account or Library -> Book Store, if no list of books appears, your Olive Tree network setting may need to be changed.
We are still testing the automatic download. If you get an error, please report the exact message to the BlackBerry Beta forum.
- From the BibleReader main screen, select Options from the menu.
- Select BlackBerry Network -> Network Options 1.
- BibleReader defaults to using a WiFi connection. If you are accessing the network through a corporate BES network, change the setting to BES. Otherwise, choose BIS-B.
- Return to the Library, select Book Store or My Account from the menu, and a list of books should appear.
To install Bibles manually for the new BibleReader:
- From your desktop computer, go to Olive Tree for BlackBerry with Media Card to see the products currently available for BlackBerry with Media Card.
- Make sure the Current Device at the top of the screen says "BlackBerryWithStorageCard(BR 4.0)".
- Download Bibles or eBooks to your desktop, then transfer to your media card. details
Disconnect your BlackBerry from the USB cable before attempting to access your library.
If your library is blank, select Reload library from the menu.
- Visit our store to download free books.
- Log onto your account to access purchased products. No repurchase is necessary.
To transfer files manually to your media card:
- First, run the BibleReader, then use the menu to exit. This will create the directory needed for Bibles.
- Download the file directly to your desktop computer (no OTA install).
- Connect your BlackBerry to your desktop computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the .pdb file as follows:
Without using Desktop Manager:
Using Desktop Manager:
- Be sure you can access the memory card in Windows Explorer.
- Use Explorer to copy the .pdb files you just downloaded to BlackBerry drive that now shows up as your BlackBerry (i.e. to E:\). Copy to the directory \olivetree that was created by the BibleReader.
- Eject the BlackBerry drive using the USB device eject icon in your systray on the task bar.
Disconnect your BlackBerry from the USB cable.
If the new file does not show up in the BibleReader immediately, go to the Library and select "Reload library" from the menu.
- Make sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.2, service pack 1 is installed on your desktop computer.
- Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Click on Media Manager.
- On the right side of the screen, browse to the olivetree directory created by the BibleReader.
- On the left side of the screen, browse to the .pdb files you downloaded. Select the files to transfer and click the arrow pointing right.