What is an in-app purchase?
Resources for the Olive Tree app can be purchased in two ways, from OliveTree.com and through the Apple iTunes in-app store. “In-app” refers to the location of the store within the Olive Tree app. Any purchase made through the in-app store is known as an “in-app purchase”. To access the Apple in-app store, open the Olive Tree app, tap on Library and Store. Once in the in-app store, you can search the store by tapping on the Search tab or you can browse resources under the Categories tab.
Why aren’t all products available in the in-app store?
There are limitations to the resources we can add to the in-app store because the in-app store is controlled by Apple. If a specific resource isn’t available in the in-app store, check OliveTree.com.
Why do I need to register in-app purchases to my Olive Tree account?
When you make a purchase on OliveTree.com, the resource is automatically registered to your Olive Tree account. However, when you make in-app purchases, the transaction goes through Apple, not Olive Tree. Because of this, Olive Tree doesn’t have a record of your purchase unless you register the in-app purchase to your Olive Tree account.
In order to share in-app purchases with other devices, the resources will first need to be registered to your Olive Tree account. Having your purchases registered also allows you to download your titles again in case something happens to your device. To register your in-app purchases from your iPad/iPhone/ to your Olive Tree account, see the instructions in the following section.
How do I register in-app purchases to my Olive Tree account?
Below are the instructions for registering your in-app purchases to your Olive Tree account.
- Open the Olive Tree app on your iPad/iPhone.
- Tap the Library icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap Store in the upper right corner.
- Select the Purchased tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Restore In-App Purchases.
- Enter your Apple ID Password as prompted.
- You should now see the books populate the “My Account” section.
- Once the resources are registered to your Olive Tree account, they can be downloaded from the “Purchased” tab of the in-app Store.
- To make sure the purchases have registered successfully, you can sign into your Olive Tree account at OliveTree.com (in a web browser) and click on “My Personal Library”. Your in-app purchases should be listed there.
What if the above instructions don’t work?
If the instructions for registering your purchases don’t work, an Olive Tree Customer Support Representative can manually register add the resource to your Olive Tree account manually with a proof of purchase. In order to add the resource to your account, forward your Apple iTunes receipt or a screenshot of your order in iTunes to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the circumstances. A Customer Support Representative will respond to your e-mail from there.