We have completely rewritten the core software that displays the text you see on screen. This has been a big project, and we took it on for the following reasons:
- We wanted the ability to create cleaner and more advanced layouts for Bibles and books.
- We wanted the ability to add new features like interlinears, audio Bibles, flash cards, and other dynamic resources.
- We wanted to replace older code in the app with newer code that’s lightweight, more stable, and easier to maintain.
You should see the benefits of this update coming soon. We have done everything we can to make this update process as smooth as possible, but we understand that some of our users may experience a few bumps along the road with the update. Below are some issues that our users are experiencing. We’re working as hard as we can to fix bugs and address performance issues.
Books or Bibles Missing
The 5.9 update changes the file format of the resources from what we used in all our previous app versions. This requires that all of your resources be re-downloaded and your annotations (notes, bookmarks, highlights, etc.) be updated in order to display properly within the updated resources. Our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.
If you’re having trouble downloading a resource, you can try a manual download by tapping Library -> Store -> Purchased. It may ask you to log into your Olive Tree account. If items are missing from that list, please tap “Restore In-App Purchases.” If you are still having difficulty, please refer to the steps at the bottom of this page to manually register previously purchased titles to your Olive Tree account.
Notes and/or Highlights Not Showing
Due to the big change in how we display text, your annotations (notes, bookmarks, highlights, etc.) need to be updated in order to display properly on the screen. If you are not seeing your annotations on the screen, check the “My Stuff” folder (briefcase icon) to see if your annotations are listed in the appropriate categories. If they are not, follow the steps below to make sure your annotations are being updated. If you have any concerns, you can contact support.
The update to your annotations is completed automatically in the background during the initial uses of the app until all annotations have been updated. This can cause the app to run more slowly as the annotations are being updated.
If you have a large number of annotations, we recommend that you leave the app running to allow the annotations to update. When you have some spare time (perhaps overnight), disable the auto-lock on your device in the General settings, connect it to a power source, and follow the steps below:
- Open the Olive Tree app and disable automatic sync by going to Settings (A* icon) > Advanced Settings > Automatic Sync. (You will want to re-enable this option after the app is functioning properly again.)
- Leave the app running to give the app time to update all of your annotations.
If you continue to experience difficulty with the app lagging or your highlights and notes not displaying within the text, please contact support.
Your fonts might be a little bit bigger in this update. This is because of the changes we made to how the app displays text. It’s pretty easy to adjust this by following these steps:
- Open the Olive Tree app and tap on the Settings icon (A*).
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Font Settings.
- Here you can adjust font sizes for text in the app. You only need to adjust the font size for text that is too big.