Below is a sequence of procedures that will help solve most issues that you might experience on the Mac Olive Tree app, with each step being a little more involved than the previous one. You only need to do as many steps as it takes to solve the issue you are experiencing.
Reboot your Mac:
If your Mac hasn’t been restarted in a while it may exhibit some odd behavior with running certain applications. Please restart the computer.
If restarting your computer does not solve the issue, please try an “options reset” with the following directions:
Download the BibleReader diagnostic tool at this address: http://www.olivetree.com/download/mac/BibleReaderDiag.zip Once it finishes downloading, double-click on the file to extract it, and then open the extracted file called “BibleReaderDiag”.
When you open our BibleReaderDiag app, a small window should open with four different options. Click on “Reset Settings”. This will restart your Olive Tree app revert to the default settings. Open the application again to see if the problem is resolved.
Check for updates of the app
It may be possible that the problem you are encountering was fixed in an update to the program. You can check if there is a newer version by opening your Mac App Store and selecting the “Updates” tab. The app will be listed if there is an update.
Redownload your title
- Depending on your issue, you may just need to re-download the resource title (e.g. NASB, HCSB) with which you are having problems. To do so:
- Click on Purchased Books (left-hand column)
- Now locate the product that is in question
- Click on “Install Purchased Product” to download the resource again
- Once the download has completed, select the product from the Library to see if it has corrected the issue
Reinstall your application
The most comprehensive of the suggestions is a full re-installation of your reader, and should only be attempted if the above efforts fail. Please note that uninstalling and then reinstalling the program will cause you to lose any bookmarks, highlights, and notes unless you have utilized the Study Sync backup system to sync your notes with the Olive Tree Study Sync server. Before re-installing the app be sure you have backed up all of your notes, bookmarks, and highlights.
You will need an Olive Tree account to do this. You can create one here: https://www.olivetree.com/store/register.php if you don’t already have one (Be sure to note your username and password).
- Open the Tools and Notes window, then click on the My Stuff (Suitcase icon)
- At the bottom of that window, click on the Backup and Sync button
- Enter your Olive Tree username and password where indicated
- Your annotations should now start syncing to the server.
Log into your account from a web browser to verify the transfer of your annotations by going to this link: https://www.olivetree.com/store/secure_login.php. Then select the “Olive Tree Study Sync” link.
Reinstalling your application:
Be sure to download the Diagnostic Tool here if you haven’t already: http://www.olivetree.com/download/mac/BibleReaderDiag.zip
- A small application should open with four different options.
- Click on “Reset All”.
- This will restart your Olive Tree ‘Bible Study’ app and will remove all your downloaded materials and annotations that have not been synced to your Olive Tree account.
- Next, open the Applications Folder.
- If that is not on your Task Bar, open Finder, and select the Applications folder in the left window pane.
- Find the ‘Bible Study’ icon in that folder, and drag it down to your Trash Can to remove it from your computer. Empty your Trash Can.
- Once that is completed, you can open the App Store, and download the ‘Bible Study’ app again
- After it has installed, please check to see if your issue is persisting before downloading your purchased products or your annotations.
Please let us know if you have any more questions!