See Full List
List of Supported PlatformsiPad
Mac on Lion
BlackBerry (with card)
Symbian Series 60 v5
Publisher Rose Publishing
The insightful and concise Islam & Christianity
resource compares the basic beliefs of Christians and Muslims (followers of Islamic faith) in a single glance. It helps believers understand the key differences between Muslims and Christian. It looks at key issues and asks, "What Muslims Believe," "What Christians Believe," and addresses "How to Correct Misunderstandings." With this knowledge believers can reach out to Muslim without offending cultural sensitivities.
More than one billion people around the world follow the teachings of Muhammad and Islam. Islam & Christianity
is an excellent tool for pastors, teachers and others who are interested in discovering the beliefs that Christians and Muslims have in common and those that are different. This tool will help pastors and leaders equip missions-minded believers to avoid common witnessing mistakes and to be more sensitive about sharing their faith with Muslims. Discover what Muslims have been taught about Christianity and how to answer their questions and concerns.
Islam & Christianity
addresses eight key areas:
- Religious History
- Who God is
- The Holy Scriptures
- Practices and Rituals
- Salvation and Paradise
- The Role of Women
- Religion and Culture
Here are a few of the interesting facts that teachers and their students will encounter in studying Christianity and Islam:
- Muslims believe Muhammad is the final prophet, but that Jesus was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life.
- Many Muslims misunderstand the concept of the Trinity.
- Some Muslims are worried that Western society will corrupt their children because of the images they see on TV and magazines.
- Muslims are committed to the Five Pillars of religion.
- In Islam, there is no savior; Allah is supreme.
This resource also provides this insightful and helpful information:
- More than a dozen Do's and Don'ts of reaching out to Muslims, including:
- Do make it clear you are a Christian
- Don't argue
- Do be sensitive to cultural manners: men should speak with men, women with women
- When sitting don't point the sole of your shoe toward anyone.
- Notes and additional references on Islam
- A mini-glossary of 17 words that are key to connecting with and understanding Muslims