Publisher: Olive Tree
Teacher's Collection - Those who teach the Bible in any setting will appreciate the breadth of this package, which provides over two dozen resources. If you like to compare Bible translations, here are twelve to work with, all searchable and easy to navigate on your PDA or cell phone. Read, compare, search, highlight, and annotate your Bibles with Olive Tree's BibleReaderTM software. From the popular New International Version (NIV) to the classic American Standard Version (ASV), you have a wide variety of translations from which to choose. Especially useful for searching the Bible is the King James Version (KJV) with Strong's Numbers, which gives you the equivalent searching power of several concordances.
For studying Bible background, looking up terms and topics, perusing maps, or tracing cross references, you will have over a dozen resources at your disposal, including the multi-volume International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE). As you prepare lesson outlines, take notes, read, study, and meditate on Scripture, you will find that this collection provides the specific tools you need for redeeming the time as a teacher.
For Palm OS and Pocket PC only
Note: As of 9/8/2008, the ESV has been updated by the publisher, Crossway Books, with textual corrections. If you own this collection, log in to your Personal Library and click on the ESV Download link listed under Teacher's Collection to download your updated copy of the ESV, free of charge.
Compare the Teacher's collection with Olive Tree's other collections.
Detailed list of all items included in the Teacher's Collection:
- New International Version (NIV) - A very popular contemporary English version, based on the original texts.
- New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) - One of the latest modern translations, based on the Revised Standard.
- New Living Translation (NLT), second edition - A precise, easy-to-understand modern English version from Tyndale.
- English Standard Version (ESV) - Aims for simplicity, beauty, and dignity in an accurate translation.
- King James Version w/ Strong's Numbers (KJV) - Like having your Bible plus a complete concordance, fully searchable.
- American Standard Version (ASV) - Considered one of the most reliable English translations.
- Amplified Bible (AMP) - Combines the insights of numerous biblical language experts.
- The New Testament: An Expanded Translation (Wuest) - Portrays the Greek meaning; by master teacher, Kenneth Wuest.
- Complete Word Study Bible (CWSB) - An excellent tool for searches and word study.
- Darby's New Translation - Translated by a trusted scholar, yet easily readable.
- Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Seeks to preserve all that is best in the English Bible in simple, enduring words.
- Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible (YLT) - Affords as literal a presentation of the original meaning as possible.
- Daily Light, King James Version - A beloved classic devotional for morning and evening, taken entirely from the Bible.
- Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Devotional - Penetrating and touching expositions of Scripture by the "Prince of Preachers."
- Jamieson, Faucett, and Brown Commentary (JFB) - A time-honored critical commentary on the whole Bible.
- Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary - Read in concise form the insightful words of a great Bible commentator.
- Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible - One of the oldest and most trusted of all Bible commentaries.
- Alfred Edersheim's Bible History of the Old Testament - Journey through the history recorded in the Old Testament writings.
DICTIONARIES / LEXICONS
- Easton's Bible Dictionary - In-depth definitions and plentiful verse links make this a very useful reference tool.
- Smith's Bible Dictionary - Study the people and places of the Bible as well as its most important teachings.
- Unger's Bible Dictionary - Find out about people, places, and teachings of the Bible, richly detailed.
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) - Generous articles by over 200 scholars fill this classic multi-volume work.
- Strong's Dictionary for KJV - Keyed to Strong's numbers, this dictionary is linked to the KJV Strong's Bible text.
- Strong's Enhanced Dictionary - Look up in English enhanced definitions of any Greek or Hebrew word in the Bible.
- Vincent's Word Studies - Explore in English the meaning of NT Greek words, verse by verse.
CONCORDANCES / CROSS REFERENCES
- Nave's Topical Bible Index - Explore over 6,000 topics and over 100,000 Bible verse references.
- Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge (TSK) - Let the Bible interpret itself with these indispensible, exhaustive cross references.
MAPS / ATLAS
- Bible Atlas - Search for place names and locate them on handy maps that are easy to navigate.
GREEK / HEBREW TEXTS
- Westcott-Hort Parsed with NA27 Variants (Greek transliteration only) - Compare this forerunner of the modern Greek text with the NA27.
- Stephens TR Parsed w/ Scrivener Variants (Greek transliteration only) - Compare the Stephens text with other Greek texts.
- Byzantine Greek Parsed (Greek transliteration only) - Compare the Byzantine text with its more modern counterparts.
Total Undiscounted Price: $386.70
Collection Price: $149.00
You Save: 61% ($237.70)