Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Manners and Customs
Title: Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Manners and Customs
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Manners and Customs provides the general reader with the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and accurate information on life in Bible times.
- Accessible: Written for lay persons rather than professional scholars; designed to be a companion for Bible study.
- Comprehensive: Considers ten distinct topics such as food, clothing, as well as religion, within each period.
- Accurate: Takes each of 20 historical epochs seriously - avoids a "one size fits all" approach to ancient cultures.
- Discovering How Bible Peoples Really Lived
- Life in Abraham’s Hometown (Genesis 11—12)
- Life in Canaan during the Days of the Patriarchs (Genesis 13—46)
- Life in Egypt during the Sojourn and Bondage of Israel (Genesis 39—50; Exodus 1—12
- The People of God Wandering in the Wilderness (Exodus 13—40; Leviticus; Numbers; Deuteronomy)
- Settling in the Promised Land (Joshua; Judges; Ruth)
- Life during the United Monarchy (1, 2 Samuel; 1 Kings 1—11; 1 Chronicles; 2 Chronicles 1—9)
- The Divided Kingdom: Life in Israel (1 Kings 12—22; 2 Kings; the Prophets)
- Life in Assyrian Captivity (2 Kings 15—19; Isaiah 36—37; Nahum)
- The Divided Kingdom: Life in Judah (1 Kings 12—22; 2 Kings 1—17; 2 Chronicles 10—36; the Prophets)
- Life in Babylonian Captivity (2 Kings 24—25; Jeremiah; Ezekiel; Daniel)
- Life under Persian Patronage (2 Chronicles 36; Ezra; Nehemiah; Esther; Daniel 6; Haggai; Zechariah; Malachi)
- The Influence of Alexander the Great and His Successors
- Life during the Maccabean Age (1—2 Maccabees; Josephus)
- Palestine under Roman Rule (Gospels & Acts)
- Syria as a Cradle for the Church (Acts)
- Cyprus and the Beginnings of “Foreign” Missions (Acts)
- Asia Minor and the Expansion of the Church (Acts; Ephesians; Revelation)
- Greece and the Invasion of Fortress Europe (Acts; 1—2 Corinthians; 1—2 Thessalonians; Philippians)
- Maltese Interlude (Acts 27—28)
- Rome and Italy in the Career of Paul (Acts 28; Romans 16; Ephesians; Philippians; Colossians; Philemon; 2 Timothy)
- Visually Appealing: Thoroughly illustrated with many color inserts and hundreds of black and white photographs.
- Includes an index of over 600 subjects