The Zondervan Biblical and Theological Lectures series provides a unique audio learning experience. Unlike a traditional audiobook's direct narration of a book's text, The New Testament in Its World: Audio Lectures includes high quality live-recordings of college-level lectures that cover the important points from each subject as well as relevant material from other sources.
Enter the world of the New Testament. A companion to The New Testament in Its World by N. T. Wright and Michael F. Bird, these lectures serve as your passageway from the twenty-first century to the era of Jesus and the first Christians. In part 2, professors Wright and Bird detail the apostle Paul's life, ministry, and theology; every book of the New Testament, with particularly close analysis to the Pauline epistles, the Gospels, and Acts; how the New Testament came to be; and how to live the New Testament story today.
This part 2 includes 21 lectures:
- 1 and 2 Thessalonians
- Colossians, Philemon, and Ephesians
- 1 and 2 Corinthians
- The Pastoral Epistles
- The Gospel According to Mark
- The Gospel According to Matthew
- The Gospel According to Luke and Acts of the Apostles
- The Gospel According to John
- The Making of the Gospels
- Introduction to Early Christian Letters
- The Letter to the Hebrews
- Letters by Jesus' Brothers: James and Jude
- Petrine Letters: 1 and 2 Peter
- Johannine Letters: 1, 2, and 3 John
- Introduction to Textual Criticism of the New Testament
- The Canonization of the New Testament
- Bringing It All Together--Living the Story of the New Testament
This product can be purchased alone, or as part of the New Testament in Its World Collection including the workbook, the text, and part one and part two of the audio lectures.
N. T. Wright
is the Chair of New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland. He is the award-winning author of many books, including After You Believe, Surprised by Hope, Simply Christian, The Challenge of Jesus, and The Meaning of Jesus (coauthored with Marcus Borg), as well as the series Christian Origins and the Question of God.
Michael F. Bird
is Academic Dean and lecturer in theology at Ridley College in Melbourne, Australia. He is the author of Jesus and the Origins of the Gentile Mission, The Saving Righteousness of God, Evangelical Theology, Romans (Story of God Bible Commentary Series), The Gospel of the Lord: How the Early Church Wrote the Story of Jesus, and editor of The Apostle Paul: Four Views.ISBN: 9780310101826